Review: Jamaican & Mango Lime's Coiling Pudding & Shampoo

Posted by Shanitra on Tuesday, July 3, 2012. Filed under: , , , , , ,


Jamaican Lime & Mango "Coiling Pudding" Review

I wanted to give a review on this product that I purchased on a whelm after seeing it in a beauty supply store.  I was looking for some new natural hair products to try when I cam across Jamaican Mango & Lime’s “Coiling Creme Pudding”. When I saw the name and the fact that it included mango and lime I knew it had to be good. I immediately wanted to try a coil out with the product. The container states that it is a “styling cream that will help you create that bouncy, curly, head full of style.” I can honestly say that it held up to its word. The pudding seemed to make the hair “slick” and it made obtaining the coil out style with a fine toothcomb effortless. Not to mention, this pudding smells divine. It had a tropical scent to it that’s hard to resist. The pudding not only made my hair silky but added moisture to my hair. This product contains nourishing ingredients such as glycerin, honey, Alma oil, argon oil, and marigold, aloe, papaya, kiwi, sweet almond, mango, and lime extracts. I really have nothing bad to say about this coiling cream pudding.

On the other hand, after I saw this product I was compelled to try Jamaican Mango & Lime’s “Naturalizing Detangling Shampoo”. This product was somewhat of a disappointment. Now because the product had such a “natural and good vibe”, if that even makes sense lol, I didn’t even look at the ingredients on the back of this shampoo. First things first, this shampoo does include Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate.  This ingredient is the number one no no for natural heads. However, I have used shampoos such as Organic Root stimulator’s “Creamy Aloe Shampoo”. This shampoo also contains Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate but its other ingredients are so moisturizing that you hardly notice. I will say with the Jamaican & Lime shampoo that I most definitely noticed. After washing with the shampoo my hair feels stripped and brittle. If it wasn’t for my pre-poo treatments I know that it would have felt much worse. I would not recommend this shampoo at all. It has the same fragrance of the “Coiling Creme Pudding”, but do not be fooled

Please enjoy the pictures I’ve included as proof of my coil out results. Stay natural & beautiful!


1 Response to Review: Jamaican & Mango Lime's Coiling Pudding & Shampoo

  1. G-Wizzz

    Damn you look good women

Leave a Reply