DIY Creamy Shea Butter Mix Recipe

Posted by Shanitra on Saturday, November 19, 2011. Filed under: , , , ,

Creamy Shea Butter Mix 
So I was searching the web for a shea butter mix recipe to assist me in making my first one. I found a pretty straight forward one and added my own little twist. So here is my simple, light and creamy shea butter mix recipe for my hair. Hope you enjoy.




5 oz Shea Butter
3 oz Extra virgin Coconut oil ~ great moisturizer for thirsty hair. Contains polyphenols (antioxidants) that ward off damaging free radicals. 
2 tbsp Sweet almond oil ~ smoothes hair cuticle, works as a good sealant of moisture. It's rich in vitamins A, B1, B6 and E, magnesium, and iron; all which aid in hair growth.
2 tbsp Aloe vera juice ~ great moisturizer for hair and can work as a conditioner on its own. Enzymes found in aloe vera juice stimulate hair growth
tsp Tea tree oil ~ stimulate the scalp and increase circulation. 


Watch my youtube video below for more information about shea butter and natural hair: 


Note: after making this recipe i have discovered that the bright yellow butter I used is actually African butter. Click here to learn the difference between shea butter and african butter. 








No Responses to DIY Creamy Shea Butter Mix Recipe

Leave a Reply